February 14, 2012
Below is information that will be discussed today at a joint meeting of the College Council and Planning and Budget committees. This information includes the draft “plan” for college-wide reductions that will be presented, I believe, by Dr. Stork. I will keep you updated on these items as the budget discussions progress.
- Proposal for Reduction Targets 2012-2013
- Summary of Budget Changes for 2011-2012 and 2012-2013
- Venn Diagrams - Curriculum & Programs
- Guiding Principles - Budget Reduction Plan 2011-2012
- College Council and Planning & Budget Joint Meeting - Recommendations
In addition, there are two action items for this week regarding accreditation:
- If you are on a campus committee, please be sure an insist that the work being done by the committee be tied, explicitly, to the accreditation standards.
- If you have not done so already, read the action letter from ACCJC. The letter can be found at: http://academic.cuesta.edu/pim/district/accred.htm
Finally, the Op-Ed letter drafted by faculty and edited by the members of the Executive Board was sent to various news outlets this morning.
Thank you for your continued hard work.
Kinesiology, Health Sciences, and Athletics Faculty Member
Governor At Large, Faculty Association of California Community Colleges (FACCC)